Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Posted by Michelle at 6:43 PM
Sunday, February 3, 2013
Posted by Michelle at 6:53 PM
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
- Best Body Type- This works well with most body types. The A-line makes round bodies appear slimmer and short bodies appear taller. The lines of the skirt hide the lower body of those with hips and can add the illusion of curves to those with less shape.
- Personal Style- traditional, elegant, refined, girlie
- Wedding Setting- The A-line is what I like to call the traditional gown and therefore is perfect for traditional weddings! Whatever your religion, this A shaped flare is sure to be perfect. It's not too over the top and not too casual. Therefore, it works perfect for a medium sized wedding.
- Best Body Type- Great for brides who are a little bustier. This shape draws the attention down and balances the proportions. Perfect for the inverted triangle body type.
- Personal Style- over the top, girlie, bold, romantic
- Wedding Setting- This silhouette works best for over the top weddings. Usually over 200 guests, in a large ball room, with large floral arrangements. If the dress is this big, the party better be just as grand.
- Best Body Type- This length can work well on petites, slim figures, and tall women alike. Plus sized brides should avoid the princess length unless they are taller than 5'9 or it may make them appear heavier.
- Personal Style- retro, sweet, girlie, vintage
- Wedding Setting- This silhouette is all about the length. Since it is not too short it is still completely wearable for all occasions. The volume makes it appropriate for weddings in places of worship and the length could even make it casual enough for a backyard. It's all how you accessorize it!
- Best Body Type- This under the bust waistline is perfect for hiding hips, stomachs, or thighs while drawing attention to the bust. It also lengthens the body and would work well on petite brides. Great for pear shapes.
- Personal Style- sophisticated, bohemian, romantic, chic
- Wedding Setting- Empire waist dresses are very sweet. The fit is perfect for just about every setting. Works well for beach, church, and backyard weddings. It can be worn anywhere. And this silhouette can actually be shortened and worn again.
- Best Body Type- This silhouette works best for those with curves. It accentuates well proportioned women by showing off what they've got.
- Personal Style- bold, girlie, romantic, dreamy
- Wedding Setting- Mermaid dresses work in almost all settings. They don't work for small informal or more casual weddings. Because of the elegant shape, it works best for weddings with 75 guests or more that take place in beautiful settings such as places of worship, parks, and event spaces.
- Best Body Type- The cocktail length works for everyone! Follow the guidelines from the other silhouettes as far as what works best for sheath, ball gowns, A-lines, etc. to choose which cocktail dress suits you.
- Personal Style- edgy, trend setter, adventurous, modern
- Wedding Setting- This short cropped dress is perfect for more casual weddings, spur of the moment weddings, and weddings that are a little more trendy than most. This also makes a great reception dress for a larger wedding.
- Best Body Type- Great for narrow frames. This dress falls straight down and works well with slimmer bodies. The long lines are also beneficial for petite women since it elongates the lines of the body.
- Personal Style- simple, chic, timeless, sophisticated
- Wedding Setting- This silhouette works best for elegant weddings and beach weddings. The soft drape is simple and gorgeous but not overwhelming. The wedding should not be more overwhelming than the dress.
Posted by Michelle at 6:26 PM
Sunday, January 13, 2013
Posted by Michelle at 6:35 AM
Saturday, January 12, 2013
Posted by Michelle at 8:33 AM
Friday, December 28, 2012
Posted by Michelle at 2:08 PM
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Posted by Michelle at 7:54 PM
Saturday, December 8, 2012
Posted by Michelle at 4:16 PM